[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 12 on Centos - uuid

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Fri Jan 10 08:54:22 CST 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 4:47 AM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Running Centos 6 I've installed libuuid, libuuid-devel and uuid packages - but Asterisk still doesn't find uuid when running configure. There's a /usr/include/uuid.h but no /usr/include/uuid/uuid.h
>
> Are we using a non-packaged library for this? What's the difference between that library and the ones used by Centos?

We aren't using a non-packaged library for libuuid/uuid. Since we run
CentOS 6.4 on the continuous integration build agents, I took a look
at what we have installed there. On one of those agents, we have
libuuid, libuuid-devel, uuid, and uuid-devel installed. The
install_prereq script does have libuuid-devel in its RedHat package
listings; however, I think we might have a bit of a goof there: the
configure.ac script is looking for the uuid-devel package - more
specifically, the uuid/uuid.h header provided by that library:

# Find required UUID support.
#  * -luuid on Linux
#  * -le2fs-uuid on OpenBSD
#  * in libsystem on OS X
AST_EXT_LIB_CHECK([LIBUUID], [uuid], [uuid_generate_random], [uuid/uuid.h], [])
AST_EXT_LIB_CHECK([E2FSUUID], [e2fs-uuid], [uuid_generate_random],
[uuid/uuid.h], [])
AC_CHECK_FUNCS([uuid_generate_random], [SYSUUID=true], [SYSUUID=""])

If you install the uuid-devel library, does that resolve the dependency for you?

If so, I'll get the install_prereq script updated.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager