[asterisk-dev] Asterisk for GSM core network (MSC)

Stefan Schmidt sst at sil.at
Fri Feb 28 07:18:52 CST 2014

Hello Treesa,

Ok now i see what you want to do. I dont think that you will get this to
work with the modules asterisk allready have. Maybe you should take a
look at something like Sigtran or SDH over IP so you can transport the
pure BSSAP over ip to your MSC without needing a PDH or SDH connection
there.

But i wouldnt trust this connection for clocking. Dont forget the BSS
has to be synchronised to all the base stations and also the MSC or you
will get a lot of trouble with this.

best regards
Stefan