[asterisk-dev] CentOS packaging

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Feb 26 14:51:39 CST 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 08:48:49AM -0500, Jared Smith wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 3:23 PM, Ben Langfeld <ben at langfeld.me> wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately those packages are of Asterisk 1.8:
> > http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/x86_64/repoview/asterisk.html.
> > That's a total no-go for me, I'm afraid, but thanks for the suggestion :)
> >

> Sure, the current EPEL packages themselves are stuck on Asterisk 1.8 (due
> to EPEL policy of aiming for LTS releases of software and not upgrading
> major versions), but the spec file is based on the Fedora package, which is
> currently up to date with Asterisk 11.  (As a side note -- Fedora hasn't
> moved to Asterisk 12 because of some of the bundled library issues,
> particularly around pjproject.)  The spec file is at

This is funny. In 11 pjproject is bundled (though patching it out is not
an issue). In 12 it is not included in the tree anymore.

One note regarding the packages provided by Digium: the packages don't
include pristine tarballs. The main issue is that much size of the
source package is taken by the useless (from a packager point of view)
sound files.

Lately I began using git-buildpackage-rpm. It uses the methods of
git-buildpackage for rpm packaging. Specifically, the original rpm is
stored as files (and thus most of the duplication is avoided). See
https://github.com/marquiz/git-buildpackage-rpm

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com