[asterisk-dev] Asterisk for GSM core network (MSC)

Kaloyan Kovachev kkovachev at varna.net
Wed Feb 26 08:38:42 CST 2014

On 2014-02-26 16:17, Frederic Van Espen wrote:
> And i guess you want to use asterisk to act as an SS7 <-> SIP
> translator
> towards the PSTN so there shoudlnt be a BSSAP involved only plain ISUP
> which
> could be handled from libss7.
>
> Assuming the above I can hint you to this
> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/SS7-27?focusedCommentId=208465&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-208465
>
> We've been using that setup for a while now and it's rock solid.

I would like to use this opportunity to ask for review on
https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/2150/ and
https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/2170/

Their inclusion in Asterisk will close not only SS7-27, but almost all
of the SS7 issues in Jira.

In production here for ~8 months with 50+ mil minutes monthly without
(SS7 related) issues