[asterisk-dev] Asterisk platform

George Joseph george.joseph at fairview5.com
Fri Feb 21 09:42:57 CST 2014

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 12:12 AM, Frank W. Miller <frank at frankwmiller.net>wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm thinking of porting Asterisk to a new ARM based platform.  I was
> wondering if there are any gotchas I need to be aware of as I try it.
>
> Thanks,
> FM
>

> If you're compiling natively on the ARM platform then it's a pretty
straightforward process.  You just need to make sure you have right
prerequisites available.

Cross-compiling is a little trickier because the pe-reqs need to be
installed in your toolchain sysroot.   It's a lot faster though.

What version of Asterisk are you going to use? What distribution are you
using on the build and host machines?   What toolchain?