[asterisk-dev] Second thoughts on proposed MWI behavior change in Asterisk 12

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Feb 20 09:44:45 CST 2014

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 9:41 AM, Brad Watkins
<bwatkins at thinkingphones.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-02-20 at 09:29 -0600, Mark Michelson wrote:
>
>> What do you folks think? Should the code in the referenced review be the
>> proper way to handle things or is the idea proposed in this message a
>> better idea?
>>
>> Mark Michelson
>>

> I absolutely think the idea proposed here is better.  My opinion is that
> indeed any configuration with unsolicited MWI configured should reject
> subsription attempts.

I think your framing of the situation in this e-mail is correct. It
feels like we're trying to infer the intent of the configuration, when
in reality, the configuration is probably in error. I like your
proposed solution better as well: tell the user that these options are
mutually exclusive and have them correct it.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager