[asterisk-dev] Fwd: patch

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Feb 13 08:18:31 CST 2014

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 7:55 AM, Guillaume Maudoux
<guillaume.maudoux at escaux.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> We have been struggling for one week on a bug with H264 video in asterisk11.
> I do not know if it also applies to Asterisk 12.
> Apparently res_format_attr_h264.c does not write properly the codec
> attributes in the SDP, causing a codec mismatch when sending the video
> frames.
>
> The patch that follows is basically a
> sed -i'' '/profile-level-id/ s#%X%X%X#%02X%02X%02X#'
> to ensure that the profile-level-id is always six-hex-digits long.

After a cursory reading of RFC 6184
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6184), that looks correct.

> I am not too sure about how to integrate the patch or submit a merge
> request, and really lack the time now to investigate further.

Patches have to be filed in the Asterisk issue tracker at
issues.asterisk.org. Simply create a new issue for the bug, sign a
license contributor agreement, and attach the patch after the
agreement has been approved.

Instructions for submitting code back to the Asterisk project can be
found on asterisk.org (http://www.asterisk.org/community/developers)
and in more detail on the wiki
(https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Issue+Guidelines)

Please do contribute the patch back! It would be great to get that bug fixed.

Thanks -

Matt