[asterisk-dev] [r400723-400741] ConfBridge now has the ability to set the language of announcements

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Fri Feb 7 09:02:06 CST 2014

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 2:24 AM, jonathan white <jw at uvacity.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. Currently this is expected behaviour.
>
> It would be better from a user perspective to hear a prompt on the language
> the user selected not that of the bridge.
>
> I set the variable in dialplan so maybe different for each international
> user who joins.
>
> If a German user joins before an English or Spanish user all users hear
> prompts for joiners and leavers in German.
>
> It would sound more professional if each user heard prompts in their own
> language.
>
> I the the overhead for this would be quite high depending on how many
> languages there are.
>
> Perhaps an additional setting to set a default language if multiple
> languages are requested would work rather than fixing it to the first
> joiner. This way we can default back to a more common language of English.

Unfortunately, as Richard alluded to, that isn't how ConfBridge works.
It doesn't have the ability to segment users into sets of channels and
play prompts specifically to them in a non-blocking fashion.

Adding such logic would require a substantial re-architecting of
ConfBridge - and given the scope of that work, such a feature would
probably be best implemented as an external application built on top
of ARI.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager