[asterisk-dev] git migration update

Russell Bryant russell at russellbryant.net
Wed Dec 24 16:23:39 CST 2014

On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> You are missing one thing. When committing to the current team branches,
> the code is contributed under the license agreement.
>
> The code in my branches is available for Digium to use at any point in
> time. If I had to have it in my own GIT or github it would be very
> different.

Certainly feature branches could be created in the main repo on a case by
case basis as it makes sense.  I think the main point is that in a git
world, people have no use for pushing their dev branches into the main
repo.  It's just a different model.  I don't see why anyone would use them
for day-to-day work like team branches have been used in the past.

--
Russell Bryant