[asterisk-dev] Volume Control

Murthy Gandikota mgandikota at nts.net
Wed Dec 24 12:08:26 CST 2014

Hello All

What is the standard practice to adjust the volume on a channel? I am using App Konference where they have a talk volume and listen volume. No matter what I try, it's not making a difference. By the way, I know that the phone comes with a volume control. I am interested in the software control. If you are wondering what I am trying to do: I am trying to use ast_write and ast_read to write and read frames. The outgoing frames are played in the form of audio correctly. The issue is with the incoming frames--spoken frames--that cannot be heard. Interestingly, when a null frame is written, the talk volume is sufficient to hear an echo. However, when the outgoing frames are played, no conversation can be overlaid. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks