[asterisk-dev] confbridge feature request

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Dec 16 14:53:05 CST 2014

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 11:10 AM, jonathan white <jw at uvacity.com> wrote:
> On 15 Dec 2014 22:49, "Jonathan White" <uvacity at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Good morning. I was thinking it would be very useful if we could have a
>> feature added to confbridge which would limit the life of a bridge.
>>
>> For example in dialplan you could set the bridge life with the following
>> command
>>

>> same => n,Set(CONFBRIDGE(bridge,max_time)=
>>
>> and or
>>
>> same => n,Set(CONFBRIDGE(bridge,max_datetime)=
>>
>> The function would overwrite the previous setting allowing the bridge
>> length to be dynamically changed during the length of the call. For example
>> the call will last for an hour from when the last caller joins that
>> particular bridge.
>>
>> I’ve looked at using
>> same => n,Set(TIMEOUT(absolute)=
>> but this is per channel not per conference or per group of callers
>>
>> If this feature was implemented there maybe a second or third setting or
>> feature required which sets and plays hangup messages 60 seconds before the
>> end of the call and at the end of the call.
>>
>> same => n,Set(CONFBRIDGE(bridge,hangup_warning)=
>> same => n,Set(CONFBRIDGE(bridge,hangup_message)=
>>
>> This will point to a sound file which will be played at the bridge is
>> being closed.
>>
>> Sadly I have no budget or personal skill to write this patch. My
>> contribution to the project will have to be my ideas.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Jonathan

That is an interesting feature idea, and would be a good addition to ConfBridge.

I will say that without contributing code to the project - or hiring
someone to do so - it is unlikely (although not outside the realm of
possibility) that anything will come of your idea.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager