[asterisk-dev] Does asterisk video frame contains video data only or there is RTP headers too ?

Russell Bryant russell at russellbryant.net
Mon Aug 25 06:55:03 CDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 3:20 AM, Shishir Pokharel <Shishir.Pokharel at on24.com
> wrote:

>  Hi list,
>

> I am developing an application to convert different video format to H.264
> and transport it via RTMP protocol to FMS server. I am bit confused about
> asterisk Video Frame , my confusion is does the Video frame has the RTP
> headers on it or the just the video data?
>

> Going through the asterisk code I figured out the frame structure
> (ast_frame) has frame-> datalen (length of data) & frame->data.ptr(pointer
> to actual data). Does this data contains only video data’s or there is RTP
> headers information’s too ?

Just the video data.

For sending, The frames sometimes also have an optimization, frame->offset,
which is how many bytes are available ahead of frame->data.ptr.  That lets
you write headers and use the frame's buffer directly for a socket send
instead of having to copy the data to another buffer for every frame you're
sending.

Good luck with your work!

--
Russell Bryant