[asterisk-dev] Regarding CLI Command Result

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Tue Aug 5 10:56:24 CDT 2014

On 08/05/2014 09:56 AM, bala murugan wrote:
> Hi ,
>

>    I installed asterisk 12 and when I run command connecting to CLI
> core show taskprocessors  I see below results , not sure the processor
> name with Hex char what it means has anyone got the same result and if
> possible can explain how to interpret this results .

res_pjsip.c uses a threadpool to distribute the work that it does. Some
users of res_pjsip.c require that their work be handled in sequence, so
they use serializers in order to group these tasks together. For
instance, res_pjsip_session.c creates a serializer for each SIP dialog
that it creates. This way, tasks pertaining to the dialog are handled
serially, and there are fewer concurrency concerns regarding data scoped
to the dialog.

Serializers, internally, use an ast_taskprocessor in order to do their
duty. Serializers created using the ast_sip_create_serializer() function
use a UUID [1] to name their taskprocessors. The output that you have
pasted shows many taskprocessors with UUIDs as names, which likely are
all serializers in the SIP stack.

I hope that answers your question.
Mark Michelson

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4122.txt