[asterisk-dev] SIP Presence using SIP SIMPLE: How?

Dennis Guse dennis.guse at qu.tu-berlin.de
Sun Apr 27 13:01:17 CDT 2014

Hallo,

I have successfully activated hints and those are working (NOTIFY is send
by Asterisk on (un)-register to the subscribed clients). And the presence
state can be set using CustomPresence, by calling the dialplan function
PRESENCE_STATE [1].

However, I have some trouble, if clients are setting there presence state
the sip way [2], but using Asterisk as proxy (no P2P presence). The clients
do not send there presence updates to Asterisk, because is not subscribing
on them (there is no SUBSCRIBE-message from Asterisk to a "hinted" client).

How do I get Asterisk to subscribe on the clients, so Asterisk can the
presence update and can relay it? Or is this not implemented?

Software:
Asterisk is 11.7 on an Ubuntu 14.04
The clients we use are based upon PJSIP 2.1.

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Presence+State
[2] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3856.txt

---
Dennis Guse