[asterisk-dev] Audiohook dropping frames

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue Apr 8 06:32:40 CDT 2014

Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> Hi!

Kia ora,

> In my adventures with silence detection and suppression I want my
> audiohook to drop frames. I see that I can manipulate but can I also
> drop frames?

Right now the manipulation expects the contents of the audio frame to be
changed, not the entire frame itself to be changed of type so two things
come to mind:

1. Change the frame enough to make it seem as though it does not contain
any audio. Changing datalen for example.

2. Make it so manipulate can return NULL to indicate it has suppressed
the frame. This shouldn't be that bad. The audiohook got just has to
replace the frame with &ast_null_frame if a manipulation audiohook
returns NULL.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp