[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] 2893: pjsip outbound registration: Log message says received a 408 when we didn't

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Sep 30 11:29:54 CDT 2013

30 sep 2013 kl. 17:23 skrev "Kevin Harwell" <reviewboard at asterisk.org>:

> If the server didn't exist that we are trying to register to the log message would say that a 408 was received when in reality one wasn't.  Added log messages stating no response was received if the response does not exist.

In fact you should receive a 408 when the transaction layer time outs. It's positive and something we're missing in chan_sip!!!
Now, what was the problem you where trying to solve?

Btw, this is one of the examples I use in my SIP Masterclass and something we handle in kamailio. You will get a 408 but
Kamailio will also state that there was no replies.

/O