[asterisk-dev] Bounty for regular beep in Monitor() and MixMonitor()

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Thu Sep 26 04:09:32 CDT 2013

Integrics offers a bounty of USD 1000 (one thousand US dollars) for a
new feature in Asterisk to play a regular beep to all parties when a
call is being recorded using Monitor() or MixMonitor().

There's currently an inelegant way of doing this using the L() option to
Dial(), but this is not particularly well engineered, and conflicts with
other uses of L(). We'd therefore like to see something better. We had
in mind a new option to Monitor() and MixMonitor(), perhaps something like:

Monitor(wav,/tmp/myfile,P(15000))

to play a beep every 15000 milliseconds. I chose P() for play more or
less arbitrarily; feel free to choose some other character. We're also
open to completely alternative designs, though please discuss this with
me if you wish to do so.

You're also welcome to add further options, either as extra parameters
to P(), or as Asterisk variables. For example, to specify the beep file
to play:

Monitor(wav,/tmp/myfile,P(15000,beeps/fancy-beep))

You may also care to have an option limit playing beeps to either the
calling or called parties.

None of these further options are required to win the bounty as we just
care about playing a simple beep to all parties, but others may find
them useful.

The bounty will be paid to whoever first gets their code accepted into
the Digium repository for inclusion into a future version of Asterisk.
The bounty is valid until 30th June 2014, and will be paid via your
choice of wire transfer, PayPal, or bitcoins at the MtGox last trade
rate at the time.

--
Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111