[asterisk-dev] DirectMedia or canreinvite=UPDATE - asterisk not handling 200K response with SDP for UPDATE sent

bala murugan fightwithme at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 11:14:25 CDT 2013

thanks Matt for the response

i understand the limitation for incoming/inbound UPDATE request .

But this is we asterisk sending UPDATE to bridge the media directly between
caller and callee as an alternate option to RE-INVITE ( canreinvite=update
or directmedia=update)

We are not handling the SDP in 200 OK response for UPDATE we send , it is
just ignored i believe this will be an issue if there is a change in the
media endpoint(port or IP ) , which should not be a limitation , instead i
believe we have to handle the 200 OK response to UPDATE and Update the
connected Peer with SDP change , like we do for RE-INVITE today.

Let me know your comments - i hope i didnt misunderstood .

thanks again
Bala