[asterisk-dev] AMI syntax

jg webaccounts at jgoettgens.de
Thu Sep 19 13:50:34 CDT 2013

Mark!

Thank you very much for your answer. This is pretty much the way I got my stuff implemented
right now. BTW, I am using  Ragel (http://www.complang.org/ragel/) to do the low level work
which comes with nice error handling and recovery features. I could easily allow for a looser
syntax, but then error handling gets increasingly more difficult.

  I currently do not allow embedded newline characters in the value, though this could be
handled. I accept more than 2 \r\n to terminate a response or an event, which at lease a couple
of years ago was necessary to handle. So reading is a bit more flexible compared to what you
described. Sending commands is done by the strict rules.

jg