[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 12 transfer digit timeout

Marco Signorini marcotasto at libero.it
Tue Sep 17 10:52:41 CDT 2013

Hi All.
I've found something strange trying to test the new transfer behavior
for Asterisk 12.

As reported by the feature.conf sample configuration file the key

;transferdigittimeout => 3      ; Number of seconds to wait between
digits when transferring a call

seems to specify the number of seconds Asterisk waits as soon as the
user starts the transfer procedure (like on previous Asterisk versions)
but if uncommented out Asterisk seems does not wait for the specified time.

I've  investigated a little bit about the problem reading the code.
Seems to me that the default value is stored in milliseconds and not in
seconds.

So, specifying for example:

transferdigittimeout => 5000

the PBX waits for 5 seconds.

Did someone verified the same?
I'm running Asterisk SVN-branch-12-r399207M

Thank you and best regards,
Marco Signorini.