[asterisk-dev] Asterisk service fails to start

Rohit Sharma rohit.sharma at sourcefuse.com
Tue Sep 17 07:35:14 CDT 2013

Hello

I tried to install asterisk for Openmeetings Red5sip Integration on
virtual private server with two different service providers i.e. one is
Rackspace and other is Amazon. The installation ran fine for me but when
i try to start the service of asterisk it throws an error
" * Starting Asterisk PBX: asterisk
    Illegal instruction (core dumped) "
And the asterisk service fails to start.
And on both the servers where i tried installation of asterisk the
operating System is Ubuntu Server 12.04 64-bit.
I referred the following links for installation:
http://openmeetings.apache.org/red5sip-integration_2.1.html
http://wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1409028

Please help me out in installing this and making it run properly.

--
Thanks & regards
Rohit Sharma