[asterisk-dev] V11 SVN branch: Problems with console ?

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Fri Sep 6 07:51:10 CDT 2013

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 12:05 AM, Pavel Troller <patrol at sinus.cz> wrote:

> Hi!
>   I've found a problem with remote console in V11 SVN, caused by the recent
> update(s) to the main/asterisk.c file.
>   The problem is, that the console doesn't print command output, however
> the
> commands are being executed (if they have something to execute). When the
> session is terminated and 'rasterisk -x "command"' is executed, it works
> normally and for some time, normal console behaviour is restored. However,
> after some time, it stops printing the output again. See the following
> C&P from the real console:
>
> patrol at hyper * CLI >
> patrol at hyper * CLI > core show version
> patrol at hyper * CLI > core show version
> patrol at hyper * CLI > core show version
> patrol at hyper * CLI > core show version
> patrol at hyper * CLI > quit
> Asterisk cleanly ending (0).
> Executing last minute cleanups
> patrol at hyper:~$ rasterisk -x "core show version"
> Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running
> Linux on 2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC
> patrol at hyper:~$ rasterisk
> Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2013 Digium, Inc.
> and others.
> Created by Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com>
> Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for
> details.
> This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General
> Public
> License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it
> under
> certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
> Connected to Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M currently running on hyper
> (pid = 28254)
> patrol at hyper * CLI > core show version
> Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running
> Linux on 2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC
> patrol at hyper * CLI > core show version
> Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running
> Linux on 2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC
> patrol at hyper * CLI > core show version
> Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running
> Linux on 2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC
> patrol at hyper * CLI > core show version
> Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running
> Linux on 2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC
> patrol at hyper * CLI > core show version
> Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running
> Linux on 2013-09-06 04:28:32 UTC
> ... about a minute later ...
> patrol at hyper * CLI > core show version
> patrol at hyper * CLI > core show version
> patrol at hyper * CLI > core show version
> patrol at hyper * CLI > core show version
>

>   It looks that using Tab for help provokes the problem immediately:
>
> patrol at hyper * CLI > core show version
> Asterisk SVN-branch-11-r398457M built by root @ hyper on a x86_64 running
> [...]
Thanks Pavel!

We are aware of it and a proposed fix is currently up on Review Board - see
https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/2825/. If you'd like to download the
patch and give it a try to see if it fixes all of the problems you've run
into, that would be helpful.

There is an issue in ASTERISK for this as well - see
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-22450. If you'd like to
comment there with any problems you run into with the patch on Review
Board, that'd be great.

Thanks

Matt

--