[asterisk-dev] ConfBridge does not expose a mechanism to change the language on the Bridging channel, defaulting to 'en'

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Thu Sep 5 14:44:08 CDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 2:55 AM, Jonathan White <jw at uvacity.com> wrote:

>   Does the dev team have visibility of the open JIRA ticket 19983?

All members of the Asterisk Developer Community have access to issues in
the ASTERISK project.

>  ConfBridge does not expose a mechanism to change the language on the
> Bridging channel, defaulting to 'en'
>
>  https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-19983
>
>  When you call same =>n,Set(CHANNEL(language)=gb-m in the dialplan, that
> is setting the language on the channel joining the conference. However,
> ConfBridge uses an internal channel called the Bridging channel (which you
> can see in your logs) that performs the mixing for the participants in a
> conference. As such, the dialplan does not 'set' information on that
> channel - and so your language settings are not propagated to it.
>
>  I would like to make a feature request to the dev team
>
>  A setting like this would be useful with some control around it only
> being set once per conference or set per participant with the participant
> only hearing their chosen language prompts.
>
>  same =>n,Set(CONFBRIDGE(bridge,language)=
>
>  Many thanks for your support

You have a few options here.

1. You can wait until the issue is worked by someone in the community, or
by the Asterisk team here at Digium. All Open issues are put into a queue
and worked as developer resources become available.

2. You can put a bounty on the issue and see if someone in the larger
Asterisk Developer Community would like to be hired to fix it. Issues with
bounties are much more likely to attract a developer than issues without
(developers have to eat too).

More information on bug bounties can be found here:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Bug+Bounties

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan