[asterisk-dev] Any plans for func_config to use sorcery?

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Sep 4 11:32:27 CDT 2013

George Joseph wrote:
> Right now, func_config (which provides AST_CONFIG) isn't working well
> with pjsip.conf because there can be multiple sections with the same
> name (but different types).   Is there a plan to port func_config to use
> sorcery or maybe create a new function which does?   I can contribute
> time and code if given some direction.

There's no current issue open to do so, and porting func_config to use
sorcery wouldn't really make sense as they are completely separate beasts.

Sorcery instances are also not currently shared within the system so
you'd have to have a dialplan function specific to the user of sorcery
(like the new SIP stuff) which exposes things. Doing so isn't that hard
as sorcery already provides a mechanism to take a sorcery object and
turn it into a key value pair. Use the object type and identifier to
find the object, turn it into the key value pair, return what you want
to the dialplan. Just have to make sure that the object is unreferenced
so it doesn't (potentially) leak.

That all being said... how are you using this information in the
dialplan / why are you looking to expose it?

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp