[asterisk-dev] Segfault on incoming SIP call with res_ldap

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Tue Oct 29 09:52:40 CDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Dominik George <nik at naturalnet.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Asteriak 11.5.1 on Debian with a configuration consisting of
> an extensions.conf-based dialplan, some SIP trunks in sip.conf and
> realtime peers from res_ldap. This has been working for a long time, but
> after upgrading to 11.5.1 all I get on an incoming call over one of the
> SIP trunks is as SEGFAULT.
>
> This has to do with res_ldap; I have tried reducing the dialplan to a
> Hangup() for the incoming SIP context with no luck. I must add that
> *outgoing* calls are not an issue; I can flawlessly register as a
> realtime peer and res_ldap works. Only incoming calls from the SIP trunk
> are affected.
>
> This said, I really need to get my Asterisk back up and so I need a fix
> for this segfault. The complete backtrace is at [0] and some maybe
> related discussion at [1].
>
> Cheers,
> Nik
>
> [0]: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=725925
> [1]: https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-19941

I'm sorry you're having a problem with Asterisk crashing. You should
probably take the backtrace on the debian bug tracker and attach it to the
existing ASTERISK issue - anyone who chooses to work this issue will thank
you if the information is all in one place.

If you need this bug fixed, I highly recommend offering a bug bounty [1].
As noted on the ASTERISK issue, res_ldap is supported by the Asterisk
community, and you may want to solicit their support in having this issue
resolved.

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Bug+Bounties

Matt

--