[asterisk-dev] Subsystems in commit message summaries: +1

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Mon Oct 28 10:31:47 CDT 2013

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Walter Doekes <walter+asterisk-dev at osso.nl
> wrote:

> Reviving this, with a separate thread id.

<snip>

> I see Matt has adopted this convention for a few commits at least:
>

> http://lists.digium.com/**pipermail/asterisk-commits/**
> 2013-October/065841.html<http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-commits/2013-October/065841.html>
>
> That probably means my +1 won't be necessary.

Well... a +1 is still helpful :-)

I made those changes because those commit messages are going to show up in
a release announcement, and I figured I might as well tweak them up for
that.

I do like it as a policy, however. It actually did make a number of the
summaries read a little bit easier, which is never a bad thing.

If no one objects strenuously in the next 24 hours, I'll update the wiki
template and send out an e-mail to this list.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager