[asterisk-dev] Wrapping CLI output at 80 columns.

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Wed Oct 23 11:26:53 CDT 2013

On 13-10-23 10:51 AM, Rusty Newton wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 2:23 PM, George Joseph
> <george.joseph at fairview5.com> wrote:
>

>> So, thoughts on removing the 80 column wrap requirement and just letting the
>> screen do the wrapping?
>
> As I mentioned in the dev chat, I'm a +1 for this as well. I don't
> feel like the 80 character limit is relevant any longer.

So, python PEP8[1] recently relaxed there guidelines, so I think we
could also follow suit.  I still think 80 should be aimed for, but
allowing up to 100 being the max. I still think we should have something
for the upper limit.

[1] http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/#maximum-line-length

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.