[asterisk-dev] Valgrind support in Asterisk Test Suite

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Wed Oct 23 10:54:45 CDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Scott Griepentrog
<sgriepentrog at digium.com>wrote:

> I was worried that might be a problem.  What about using an environment
> variable as the trigger instead?  That would allow it to be easily
> inherited by any language, and easily ignored if not implemented.
>
> You could even set it externally to runtests.py at first for testing or
> automation:
>
> export RUNTEST_VALGRIND='YES'
> ./runtests.py

The Test Suite typically uses the YAML files to determine how it runs. If
you want valgrind to be applied globally, there is a top level "global"
configuration file that runtests.py also parses (also test-config.yaml).
I'd prefer that valgrind can, at a minimum, be enabled using said
configuration files.

That being said, the environment variable approach is an acceptable
alternative. The Asterisk library could look for the variable and spawn
Asterisk with valgrind if present.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan