[asterisk-dev] How do third party module developers exposetheirresources via asterisk ARI?

Paul Albrecht palbrecht at glccom.com
Thu Oct 17 10:45:25 CDT 2013

On Oct 17, 2013, at 10:32 AM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Paul Albrecht <palbrecht at glccom.com> wrote:
>
> How do third party module developers expose their resources via asterisk ARI?
>

> Please don't cross-post across lists.

Sorry about the cross-post but wasn't getting appropriate responses from app-dev list. Not complaining because it probably wasn't the appropriate list to post to in the first place. So let's continue the discussion here. The question is:

 How do third party module developers expose their resources via asterisk ARI?

I would expect there to be an interface to register/unregister resources like those provided by AMI/CLI for events/commands. Is that the case or not? If not, why not? What's the explanation/rationale for doing thing differently?