[asterisk-dev] ARI feedback

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Sat Oct 12 17:13:30 CDT 2013

Back from Astricon and already hacking our queue app to hook into ARI,
however I'm curious about how we are going to handle feedback of the
ARI APIs? How locked down are we on things?

For example, it would be nice when we pass back a UUID (eg: bridging)
that we named it uuid, not id.  I know it is trivial, but seems to
help me remember the format better.

Another example, again in bridging is on POST /bridges it expect a
parameter as 'type' however the API returns 'bridge_type', again, it
would be nice to have them both the same.  And since 'type' is usually
a reserved word in languages, bridge_type is better :D

Since I'm typing, what are our chances of using enum fields for things
like state, bridge_type, technologies, etc. Personally, I'd like keep
string values out when possible and use an int / enum when I can.

And /sounds, I'd rather see id changed to name, since we are using the
filename for prompts.  This leaves us the ability to use a UUID if we
ever added it.

So, ya.  However are we going to handle feedback?  I know the we are
in beta1, however I get the feeling we are going to see a bunch of
feedback with the hype of Astricon.

Oh and lastly, can we please do /ari/v1/bridges, please, please,
please!  Or whatever or version number is. I really, really think we
need the namespace in the URL.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)