[asterisk-dev] off topic: OS/X: Where's the GCC?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at meg.abyt.es
Tue Oct 1 08:46:30 CDT 2013

You didn't.  On OS X, clang has had a gcc frontend since at least Snow
Leopard.  Unfortunately, it's hardcoded to a specific version of gcc
(4.2), and it's unlikely to advance.  As soon as Asterisk starts
depending upon a feature of gcc beyond 4.2, it will be broken
permanently, unless you install an independent port (like from
MacPorts).