[asterisk-dev] Separate Audio/Video

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Tue Nov 26 15:19:23 CST 2013

On 11/26/2013 02:26 PM, Sergio Muñoz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In my case it would be, device “A” makes a SIP call, Asterisk receives
> and modifies the SDP, then Asterisk sends the audio (RTP) to device
> “B” and the video (RTP) to device “C”.
>
> Can Asterisk modify the SDP? ... how?
>
> Thanks!

Asterisk does not provide a facility to directly rewrite the SDP, not at
the level you describe. The best option you have, without changing the C
code of course, is to use the "media_address" option in sip.conf. This
way, you could have a scenario like so:

Device A makes a SIP call to Asterisk. Asterisk sends the audio and
video to server B (as specified by the media_address option). Server B
runs a program that redirects the audio to device C and the video to
device D. Note that Asterisk and server B could presumably be the same
server, if you chose.

Mark Michelson