[asterisk-dev] Project Governance Structure

Russell Bryant russell at russellbryant.net
Mon Nov 18 16:01:22 CST 2013

Not really ...

Ohloh only shows stats on those with commit access.  Commiters !=
contributors.  If a committer merges a patch submitted by someone else via
the issue tracker, it is attributed to the committer.  Btw, git would solve
this.  ;-)  In any case, the ohloh stats at least show relative
contribution levels between the committers.  Reviewing/merging someones
patch is still a contribution of sorts.

Ohloh also provides zero insight into project governance.  There is some
information on the wiki [1].  I'd summarize the governance model as a
limited meritocracy.  It has many properties of a typical open source
meritocracy, but the project is is ultimately led and controlled by a
central entity (Digium, in this case).  Another project that has followed a
similar model would be MySQL.

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Home

--
Russell Bryant