[asterisk-dev] Live/current problem with Asterisk 11.7

Walter Doekes walter+asterisk-dev at osso.nl
Wed Nov 13 02:13:25 CST 2013

On 13/11/13 05:16, Jeremy Kister wrote:
> Sorry to cross-post.  But I have a seemingly big error with Asterisk/SIP
> happening right now.  I know I can restart the server to fix it, but I'm
> hoping someone is around to help me debug.
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-users@lists.digium.com/msg272576.html

Kill the asterisk with ABRT and examine the core dump.

(Or don't kill it, and gdb to it directly.)

Close inspection of the backtraces should at least reveal where it
hangs. (Not necessarily why.) I'm thinking deadlock (*).

/w

(*) There's a deadlock that haunts me in asterisk 10 which I'm working
around by trylock-ing in ast_channel_cmp_cb. Haven't reported any of it,
since 10 is EOL and it might be fixed already.

For the record: that deadlock usually includes a locked thread in the
chanspy, but not always.

P.S.

>> Any chance DNS is dying about the same time the problem occurs

> good idea, but I don't use DNS anywhere in Asterisk. well, except for sip.conf:externhost. it's all IP addresses.

That doesn't mean dat chan_sip isn't doing any lookups..