[asterisk-dev] AES-GCM mode SRTP

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Thu Nov 7 13:16:51 CST 2013

Hi Richard,

  Actually there are many crypto suites beyond the original 128 bit modes:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6188 (big AES)

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-aes-gcm-10 (GCM and
CCM in 128, 192, and 256 bits)

...and probably others.  It's important to note that very, very few
implementations currently support these crypto suites (including
Asterisk).  I think 128 bit GCM is easy enough to add to Asterisk and
a good place to start.

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 1:11 PM,  <richard.seguin at marisec.ca> wrote:
> Interesting! I was wondering if there were variations in what encryption was
> used for SRTP.  It would be nice at some point to increase the key size from
> 128 to 256, hopefully that will be coming down the pipe soon.

Kristian Kielhofner