[asterisk-dev] AES-GCM mode SRTP

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Thu Nov 7 11:23:45 CST 2013

Hello,

  I'm working on getting AES-GCM mode supported with SRTP.  Long story
short it offers significant performance advantages, especially on
systems that support AES-NI.

  There is a branch of libsrtp that supports AES-NI and AES-GCM via openssl:

https://github.com/cisco/libsrtp/tree/feature-openssl

  IETF draft:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-avtcore-srtp-aes-gcm-10

  I'm currently testing support for AES_GCM_128_8 with pjsip and
FreeSWITCH (it works).  I'd love to add Asterisk to this list.  I'm
working on a patch (I just can't seem to get chan_sip to prefer
AES_GCM_128_8) but in the meantime I thought I'd check with the list
to see if there's any interest or work done on this already.

Thanks!

--
Kristian Kielhofner