[asterisk-dev] RFC: pjsip show endpoints output format

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Thu Nov 7 09:23:31 CST 2013

George Joseph wrote:
> Comments please...
>
> I tried to balance readability, usefullness, and the fact that the
> output is a flat representation of a relational model.
>
> Here's a pastebin if you can't read the output below.
> http://pastebin.com/JiPKLY3A

My worry about this is that we're giving *too much* information in one
command and overloading the person looking at it. Given a large number
of endpoints it's now potentially using, well, a lot of lines per
endpoint. I think a simplified command that simply gives a list of the
endpoints would be nice (in addition to this), and then if more granular
info is required by the user they can get the specific endpoint.

Thoughts?

--
Joshua Colp