[asterisk-dev] Opus and VP8

Lorenzo Miniero lminiero at gmail.com
Thu May 30 07:15:36 CDT 2013

James,

I mostly tested it in conferencing scenarios, using ConfBridge to attach
heterogeneous peers. In those scenarios, I used both Chrome and Firefox
(using the DTLS-SRTP hacks I mentioned in the other thread), and PhonerLite
as well. For other codecs I used a bunch of softphones, our Java applet
(wideband speex) and calls from the PSTN using a VoIP gateway. This way it
seems to work as expected.

At the beginning, through, I mostly used PhonerLite and Linphone calling
each other through Asterisk to test the codec, and I can't recall issues
like those you mentioned, but I didn't test this intensively. As I
anticipated, I'm currently traveling and won't be able to do any testing
until Saturday: I'll keep you posted about this.

Lorenzo