[asterisk-dev] videop, was: Opus and VP8

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed May 29 01:35:05 CDT 2013

28 maj 2013 kl. 23:41 skrev Hans Witvliet <asterisk at a-domani.nl>:

> [...]

No, all of that is just passing through. We do not use a codec module to transcode.
You can't set up a call between one H.261 and one H.264 phone or
playback H.264 video files to a H.261 video call. You can not record a video
in a H.261 call to a H.264-encoded file.

The codecs translate - encode or decode - media in Asterisk.

/O