[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] 2554: Pimp my SIP: alwaysauthreject

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat May 25 02:15:21 CDT 2013

24 maj 2013 kl. 23:39 skrev Kevin Harwell <reviewboard at asterisk.org>:

> Adds support for 'alwaysauthreject' to the new SIP channel driver.  When the 'alwaysauthreject' option is set to 'yes' (default) and no matching endpoint is found for the incoming request, after challenging, Asterisk will respond with a 401 Unauthorized regardless of the reason it rejects the request.

Alwaysauthreject was a fix for a bug that existed in asterisk. We had to keep the old behaviour being afraid of breaking stuff out there.

Why are we replicating the bug and the fix in a *new* channel driver? It doesn't make much sense. We have no old versions of this channel driver that's broken in production anywhere.

Are there any use cases for discovery of sip accounts by getting a 404 for non-existing accounts?

/O