[asterisk-dev] What's an AOR?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri May 24 02:46:05 CDT 2013

If we assume that we're going forward with multiple registrations from multiple devices for an AOR, then how do you handle these cases? What's the extension state, what's the state for a queue and where is it handled?

A) I dial(PJSIP/mark) that has two phones.
- One phone returns 180 ringing
- One phone returns 302 to sip:mattscellphone at digium.com

B) I dial(PJSIP/mark) again with two phones
- One phone returns 180 ringing
- One phone returns 603 denied

C) I dial(PJSIP/mark)
- Both phones return 180 ringing
- Another phone issues a directed pickup of the call to PJSIP/mark

D) I dial(PJSIP/mark&DAHDI/${markscellphone})
- one PJSIP phone returns 486 busy
- one PJSIP phone returns 603 denied
- the DAHDI phone is ringing

E) I dial(PJSIP/mark)
- One phone returns 302 to sip:mattscellphone at digium.com
- One phone returns 301 to sip:markswife at digium.com
At the same time, so there's no room for a CANCEL.

<please add examples here>

/O