[asterisk-dev] backport RAII_VAR to 1.8?

David M. Lee dlee at digium.com
Mon May 20 15:44:37 CDT 2013

On May 17, 2013, at 4:19 PM, Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> Since clang is the default on Mac OS X, you're essentially suggesting
> the end of simple support for Asterisk on the Mac.  I don't know if
> that's desireable, especially in the middle of a release cycle.

Our configure script (apparently) prefers gcc to using cc, so clang
being the default compiler on OS X shouldn't be a problem. There are
other things that would trip you up to keep Asterisk on Mac from being
truly simple, though (OpenSSL and SNMP immediately come to mind).

Given that, I don't see this being an issue, at least for OS X.

--
David M. Lee
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer