[asterisk-dev] Where are the Prerequisites documented

Alec Davis sivad.a at paradise.net.nz
Sat May 11 06:31:10 CDT 2013

Just set up a slow test machine a VIA 1.0GHZ with debian wheezy, to verify
RaspPi issue I have seen.

Off topic
To test:
	One way audio with IAX trunks SIP <-> IAX(RaspPI) <->
IAX(3.2GhzIntel) <-> SIP.
	With IAX trunking on;
		One way audio every time when call direction is RaspPi ->
3.2GHZ box.
			I'd need to confirm with RaspPi, as I've for gotten
which had no audio.
		Two way audio every time 3.2GHZ box -> RaspPi.
	With IAX trunking off;
		Two way audio both ways every time no matter which side
initiated the call.

Back On topic:

For asterisk I ran ./configure 6 times at least, each taking a few minutes
to tell me
  *** termcap support not found (on modern systems, this typically means the
ncurses development package is missing)
  *** Asterisk now uses SQLite3 for the internal Asterisk database
  *** uuid support not found (this typically means the uuid development
package is missing)
  *** JSON support not found (this typically means the libjansson
development package is missing)
  *** XML documentation will not be available because the 'libxml2'
development package is missing

That's 'apt-get install packagename' 5 times, after working out what the
package name is.

Then chan_sip wasn't compiled in, as chan_sip relies on res_crypto, which
inturn relies on openssl-dev.!!!
Wasn't picked up by ./configure.
Surely everyone will want SIP, they can deselect it in menuselect if they
don't.

That's another 'apt-get install libssl-dev', not openssl-dev as you'd
expect.

And I'm sure I must have missed something.

What am I looking for an answer?
  ./'get-prerequisties' attempts to install non asterisk required dev
packages.
  ./configure gives a summary of required packages (to a limit).

For anyone needing to compile asterisk because we ask them to test a patch,
this must be daunting.

Even just to get into asterisk
  downloading a tarball (asterisk-11 or trunk)
  get through the ./configure errors
  SIP doesn't work after make install etc.

Alec Davis