[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 11.3.0 / chan_sip.c / Failed to authenticate device - Message

Thorsten Göllner tg at ovm-group.com
Mon May 6 03:48:24 CDT 2013

Hi,

after upgrading from Asterisk 1.6 to 11.3.0 I get over 100 messages per
day like "Failed to authenticate device 100" (with core set verbose 10).
It look like some type of enumeration from a "non friendly" client. The
message has no ip-address included so that I could add a new rule to
fail2ban. I checked the source code and found in chan_sip.c six times:

ast_log(LOG_NOTICE, "Failed to authenticate device %s\n",
sip_get_header(req, "From"));

I could change it into:

ast_log(LOG_NOTICE, "Failed to authenticate device %s with address
'%s'\n", sip_get_header(req, "From"), ast_sockaddr_stringify(addr));

Do you think, that does make sense or do I make a mistake perhaps?
(I have only little experience with developer lists and sip development
overall)

Best regards
-Thorsten-