[asterisk-dev] CDR unanswered setting

Shanavaz E A shanavazea at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 29 02:07:43 CDT 2013

Dear team,

From asterisk 1.8, the CDR table is not logging the unanswered or extn busy calls which hit while in the queue. I am talking about this setting in the cdr.conf

; In brief, this option controls the reporting of unanswered calls which only have an A
; party. Calls which get offered to an outgoing line, but are unanswered, are still
; logged, and that is the intended behaviour. (It also results in some B side CDRs being
; output, as they have the B side channel as their source channel, and no destination
; channel.)
;unanswered = no

I have actually mailed in the users list, but looks like no one is concerned about this setting. I require this to find out which all extensions didnt respond to a call when the call hit them while in the queue. This is working fine until 1.6. But I tried in 1.8 and 11, but I am getting only one record in the CDR table even after setting the value as

unanswered = yes

Is there a bug in the code ? Or I have to do some thing else? Kindly help me.

Regards
Shanavaz.