[asterisk-dev] asterisk-dev Digest, Vol 104, Issue 37

Rifat Rahman rifatrahmanovi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 15:43:45 CDT 2013

Hello Dan,

>The short answer is yes.  The longer answer is that a packet should
>be sent using the ptime interval.  If ptime is 30ms, then a packet
>should be sent every 30ms, and only one packet.  This will be true
>for every conversion, but critically important for conversions that
>have residual data in the buffer.

Thanks a lot. This will certainly of much help to me. But I understand
I will have a lot of pain in implementing it in kernel space.

I am experimenting only with g729. Because it has a one to one
relationship. 20ms ptime = 20 bytes payload. Other codecs are not
still added in the module. They will be added in future if it gets
success. As I checked carefully the packets, sequencing and
timestamping is correct for several thousand packets. Then the only
problem remains is the adding of the delay. Thank you so much.

Rifat