[asterisk-dev] Outboundproxy and asterisk

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Sun Mar 10 13:15:55 CDT 2013

Greetings,

I've been working on a new project where my asterisk boxes are now
fronted by a proxy (I know, late to the game). One thing I have been
playing with is using SIP Domains extensively. Within the proxy
(kamailio), multi-domains are setup, so once a client is REGISTERed to
the proxy, all requests are then forward to asterisk

Using a simple dialplan, I then create the following.

[ivr-belanger.home]
exten => 100,1,NoOp()
    same => n,Dial(SIP/100 at belanger.home)

and within sip.conf
[general](+)
nat = yes
outboundproxy = 209.87.247.153
srvlookup = no

You can see the debug long in the issue[1] below, but basically before
asterisk sends the INVITE, it attempts to resolve belanger.home.  In
the issue, I have also added a patch based on some work oej has done
on obproxy in the past.  So my question is simple, in this scenario
with an outbound proxy set asterisk should not resolve DNS of the
INVITE, once it knows the proxy to send it too, correct?

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-21231

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)