[asterisk-dev] Change RX Signalling Bits in Dahdi drivers

Optical Phoenix opticalphoenix at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 15:17:18 CST 2013

Thanks very much for the positive response, I will try to keep things
reasonable.

1) If you just want to be able to have "hot-lines" that
> connect stations without dialing, you might not even need to
> add a new signaling type. Check out the 'immediate' option in
> chan_dahdi which could be used to configure an extension to
> automatically ring a group of extensions as opposed to
> providing dial-tone and reading digits.

Yes, I am familiar withe the immediate=yes command, but as I will mention
below, I have a different need

> 2) If you *really* do need PLAR specific signaling because
> you're connecting to another system that implements this, are
> you using a channel bank and digital lines or an analog
> interface card?   The analog interface cards handle the
> signaling a little differently than the digital cards.

Right again, I am connecting directly to a t1 line with PLAR signalling
using a sangoma a104 t1 card. The carrier looped line 1 to line 2, and I am
testing on my own. Earlier, when I got TX working I was testing with a live
person with the carrier.

So thats the whole story. so far my edits of the dahdi_rbsbits have
created... interesting results. Now when I get a call in on the line, when
the rx bits go from 1111 to 0000 ,I get nothing. no ring, or anything.
Then, when the line is hung up, and the 0000 goes to 1111 THEN I get a ring
on the line I am assuming I have fouled something up. Do you know if
"cursig" a single bit or the whole abcd bit pattern? That is the only thing
I can think of that could be fouling this up.

   case DAHDI_SIG_FXSLS:
if (!(cursig & DAHDI_BITS_ABCD)) {
/* Check for ringing first */
__dahdi_hooksig_pvt(chan, DAHDI_RXSIG_RING);
break;
}
if ((chan->sig != DAHDI_SIG_FXSLS) && (!(~cursig & DAHDI_BITS_ABCD))) {
    /* if went on hook */
__dahdi_hooksig_pvt(chan, DAHDI_RXSIG_ONHOOK);
} else {
__dahdi_hooksig_pvt(chan, DAHDI_RXSIG_OFFHOOK);
}
break;

Still Digging,
Dennis