[asterisk-dev] the relation between app_rtsp.c and live555 media server

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Sun Jun 30 18:53:01 CDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 6:35 AM, Raymond Muranganwa
<mranganwarey at gmail.com>wrote:

> i would like to play a video stream from from vlc using asterisk,my
> problem is that app_rtsp.c is giving
> errors on compiling. Came across a library( liblivemedia) in linux which
> can play rtsp stream and installed it  .My question  how
> do i call live555( liblivemedia) in asterisk dial plan to paly an rtsp
> video stream from vlc

Hi!

I'm not sure what version of Asterisk you're trying to compile app_rtsp
against - which is an important piece of information for anyone looking to
assist you with this problem.

Regardless, as app_rtsp is not a module delivered with Asterisk and is
instead produced by Medooze [1], you might be better off contacting them
for assistance and/or their mailing lists [2].

Some quick Googling also turned up the fact that Rob Krakora ported
app_rtsp to Asterisk 11 [3]. If you are attempting to compile app_rtsp
against Asterisk 11, you may want to ask him for assistance.

Good luck -

Matt

[1] http://www.medooze.com/products/asterisk-applications/app_rtsp.aspx
[2] http://www.medooze.com/support.aspx