[asterisk-dev] Conditional sections in XML

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.co.uk
Thu Jun 13 04:12:54 CDT 2013

I have been porting some of my custom modifications to app_meetme from 1.2 to
Asterisk 11 (yes, I know about ConfBridge - that's for later investigation).

I have some of my modifications conditionally included using #ifdef.

In 1.2, I could use #ifdef conditions to control the contents of the
application help in static const char *descrip, like this:

static const char *descrip =
"  MeetMe([confno][,[options][,pin]]): Enters the user into a specified MeetMe conference.\n"
"      'F' -- Pass DTMF through the conference.\n"
#ifdef LOCKHOLD
"      'h' -- Locked conference keeps user on hold instead of exiting.\n"
#endif
"      'i' -- announce user join/leave\n"

However, in Asterisk 11, it appears that the application help is generated
from the XML in the DOCUMENTATION comments. Putting #ifdef within that does
not seem to have any effect. Everything gets included.

So my question is, how can I make conditional variations in the application
help that is compiled?

I'm really hoping that the answer isn't just a blunt "you can't"...

Cheers
Tony

--
Tony Mountifield